
Apples were on sale at Sprouts for 60 cents a pound plus another 10 % off when you bought 25lbs. (or was it 20lbs. either way, alot of apples!) So the kids and I spent an afternoon peeling, coring, slicing, cooking, blending..... Being as I have never canned a thing in my life nor observed the process I followed the instructions here. Oh, and by the way, I used Golden Delicious apples because that is what my mother always used and her mother always used for making applesauce! :) And with the apple scraps that I didn't feed 'the girls' I am attempting to make my own raw apple cider vinegar. Seems hard to mess up, but you never know....considering my issues with baking bread! (any and all bread recipes using freshly ground wheat welcome! ) Thank you Stephanie for picking up more jars for me and letting me use your water bath pot and gripper tool.
1 comment:
that apple concoction to the right looks scary! great job on the apple sauce. miss you so call me soon.
Post a Comment